• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

Mohsin Naqvi arrives in Tehran as Iran warns of economic fallout from US conflict

by Sub News
May 16, 2026
Mohsin Naqvi arrives in Tehran as Iran warns of economic fallout from US conflict
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Islamabad/Tehran, May 16,2026: Mohsin Naqvi arrived in Tehran on Saturday for bilateral meetings with senior Iranian officials amid escalating regional tensions and renewed rhetoric between Iran and the United States, diplomatic sources said.

The visit comes at a critical time as Iran announced plans to unveil a new mechanism for managing maritime traffic through the strategically important Strait of Hormuz.

Head of the Iranian parliament’s national security committee, Ebrahim Azizi, said the proposed arrangement would regulate shipping along designated routes and provide specialised services to commercial vessels and countries cooperating with Iran.

He added that Tehran would charge fees for the services under the mechanism, which is expected to be formally introduced soon.

Meanwhile, Abbas Araghchi warned that the United States would face mounting economic consequences from what he termed a “war of choice” against Iran.

In a statement posted on X, Araghchi said Americans would increasingly feel the economic burden of conflict, warning of rising debt costs and mortgage rates in the US economy.

“Put aside gas price hikes and the stock market bubble. Real pain begins when US debt and mortgage rates start to jump,” he said, adding that growing auto loan delinquencies in the US reflected broader economic strain.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei also sharply criticised Western policies, invoking anti-colonial thinker Aimé Césaire to condemn what he described as Western hypocrisy and moral decline.

Quoting from Césaire’s seminal work Discourse on Colonialism, Baghaei argued that ongoing conflicts had exposed deep fractures within the Western alliance and intensified global instability.

Separately, Iran’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations accused Washington of attempting to create a “false image” of international support through a politically motivated UN resolution aimed at justifying further military actions in the region.

The mission warned that countries backing the US-led resolution could also bear responsibility for enabling future escalation.

Amid the heightened tensions, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian reiterated Tehran’s commitment to diplomacy and peaceful solutions in a message addressed to Pope Leo XIV.

According to Iranian state media, Pezeshkian appreciated the Pope’s stance regarding recent military actions against Iran and maintained that Tehran’s actions against the US and Israel were carried out within the framework of legitimate self-defence.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump said Washington retained the capability to rapidly destroy Iran’s infrastructure if required, while acknowledging Tehran’s resilience during the conflict.

In an interview with Fox News, Trump claimed the US could “knock everything out in two days,” including bridges and electricity infrastructure, but said he still preferred a non-violent resolution.

Regional tensions have remained high since US and Israeli strikes on Iran earlier this year triggered retaliatory attacks by Tehran against Israeli targets and US allies in the Gulf region.

A ceasefire brokered through Pakistani mediation took effect on April 8, although subsequent negotiations in Islamabad failed to secure a permanent settlement. Trump later announced an indefinite extension of the truce.

Tags: Abbas Araghchibilateral meetingsDonald TrumpEbrahim AziziEsmaeil BaghaeiIranIran-US conflictIranian President Masoud PezeshkianIslamabadPakistanPakistani mediationStrait of HormuzTehranUnited StatesUSUS PresidentUS-Iran ceasefire
Previous Post

Pakistan Hajj Mission resolves all missing pilgrim cases, recovers over 2,143 bags in Makkah

Next Post

Sindh lifts fixed closing timings for markets, restaurants and wedding halls

Related Posts

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination
Top News

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the relevant authorities to shift jailed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact
Top News

Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact

Washington, August 17, 2026: US President Donald Trump has welcomed the recent signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between...

by Sub News
August 17, 2026
MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces
Top News

MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces

Karachi, August 16, 2026: Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) Chairman Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui has announced that his party will approach...

by Sub News
August 16, 2026
Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen
Top News

Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen

Tehran/Washington, August 15, 2026: Iran has accused the United States of violating the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding, saying the agreement...

by Sub News
August 15, 2026
Next Post
Sindh lifts fixed closing timings for markets, restaurants and wedding halls

Sindh lifts fixed closing timings for markets, restaurants and wedding halls

Breaking News

  • Senate chairman congratulates Pakistan Observer editor on Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
  • England, Pakistan begin Test series amid upheaval and fresh starts
  • PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s first Pakistan office, seeks greater focus on youth digital skills
  • Rana Sanaullah calls SC order to shift Imran Khan to hospital merit-based
  • Babar Azam ruled out of first Test against England
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.