• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Sindh lifts fixed closing timings for markets, restaurants and wedding halls

by Sub News
May 16, 2026
Sindh lifts fixed closing timings for markets, restaurants and wedding halls
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Karachi, May 16,2026: The Sindh government has exempted shops, markets, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, marriage halls and marquees from fixed closing timings, Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon announced on Saturday.

Sharing the official notification on X, Memon said the provincial government had withdrawn the previously imposed 9pm closure restriction for commercial activities across the province.

According to the notification, all shops, markets, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, food outlets, marriage halls and marquees will now be allowed to operate beyond the earlier deadline.

“This decision reflects our commitment to economic growth, public convenience, and support for the business community, which remains the backbone of our economy,” Memon said.

Last month, the Sindh government had imposed mandatory 9pm closing timings for markets and shopping centres in Karachi and other divisional headquarters as part of austerity and energy conservation measures amid rising global oil prices linked to tensions in the Middle East.

Earlier on April 6, the federal government had also announced nationwide energy-saving measures under which markets across the country — except in Sindh — were directed to close by 8pm due to the global fuel crisis triggered by the US-Israeli conflict with Iran.

The latest move by the Sindh government comes a day after the Punjab government partially relaxed business hour restrictions until June 1 following protests by traders and requests from shopping mall associations and the general public.

Business leaders had argued that early market closures were negatively affecting commercial activity and public convenience, particularly during evening shopping hours.

Tags: closing timingsKarachiMiddle EastPakistanprovincial governmentPunjabPunjab GovernmentSenior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memonshopping mallsSindhSindh Government
Previous Post

Mohsin Naqvi arrives in Tehran as Iran warns of economic fallout from US conflict

Next Post

Litton Das century rescues Bangladesh as Pakistan reach 21 without loss in Sylhet test

Related Posts

ICCI to support Youth Parliament in developing future leaders: Irfan Chaudhry
Business

ICCI to support Youth Parliament in developing future leaders: Irfan Chaudhry

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: Acting President Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI) Chaudhry Muhammad Irfan has stressed the need...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
NA committee reviews ZTBL, DISCOs privatisation process
Economy

NA committee reviews ZTBL, DISCOs privatisation process

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: The National Assembly Standing Committee on Privatisation reviewed the ongoing privatisation process of Zarai Taraqiati Bank...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Tajik ambassador, Ch Salik discuss stronger economic and labour ties
Diplomatic

Tajik ambassador, Ch Salik discuss stronger economic and labour ties

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: Ambassador of Tajikistan to Pakistan Yusuf Sharifzoda held a meeting with Federal Minister for Overseas Pakistanis...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Tamgha-e-Imtiaz nomination an honour for entire business community: Atif Ikram Sheikh
Business

Tamgha-e-Imtiaz nomination an honour for entire business community: Atif Ikram Sheikh

Islamabad, August 17, 2026: President Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) Atif Ikram Sheikh has described his...

by Sub News
August 17, 2026
Next Post
Litton Das century rescues Bangladesh as Pakistan reach 21 without loss in Sylhet test

Litton Das century rescues Bangladesh as Pakistan reach 21 without loss in Sylhet test

Breaking News

  • Senate chairman congratulates Pakistan Observer editor on Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
  • England, Pakistan begin Test series amid upheaval and fresh starts
  • PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s first Pakistan office, seeks greater focus on youth digital skills
  • Rana Sanaullah calls SC order to shift Imran Khan to hospital merit-based
  • Babar Azam ruled out of first Test against England
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.