• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

Corps Commanders’ Conference vows intensified action against terrorism, hybrid threats

by Sub News
July 6, 2026
Corps Commanders’ Conference vows intensified action against terrorism, hybrid threats
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Rawalpindi, July 6, 2026: The 276th Corps Commanders’ Conference on Monday expressed serious concern over the use of Afghan territory by militant groups to launch attacks inside Pakistan and reaffirmed the armed forces’ resolve to continue intelligence-based operations against terrorism.

The conference, held at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, was presided over by Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

The forum offered fateha for the martyrs of the armed forces, law enforcement agencies and civilians, saying their sacrifices remained the foundation of Pakistan’s security, unity and resilience. It also reviewed the prevailing security environment and expressed satisfaction over the operational preparedness, professionalism and combat readiness of the armed forces.

According to ISPR, the forum voiced concern over what it described as the continued use of territory under the control of the Afghan Taliban by “Indian-sponsored terrorist groups”, including Fitna al Khawarij and Fitna al Hindustan, to orchestrate attacks inside Pakistan. It said lasting peace and stability in the region depended on preventing the use of Afghan territory by such groups and asserted that Pakistan reserved the right to defend its people against terrorism.

The forum reiterated that the armed forces would continue intelligence-based operations against militant threats emanating from across the border under the ambit of Operation Ghazab-lil-Haq.

Besides kinetic action, the conference stressed the need for robust governance structures in restive areas focused on public service and welfare, and called for efforts to dismantle what it described as a terror-crime nexus operating under vested political patronage.

The forum also noted that after what it termed Pakistan’s “comprehensive defeat inflicted in Marka-e-Haq”, there had been an increased reliance on externally supported hybrid warfare and disinformation campaigns aimed at creating unrest. It condemned all forms of state-backed financing, facilitation or sponsorship of proxies and said attempts to destabilize Pakistan through hybrid means would be countered with strategic clarity and firm resolve.

Reviewing the wider regional situation, the conference appreciated Pakistan’s role in promoting dialogue, de-escalation and regional stability, and reaffirmed the country’s commitment to peaceful conflict resolution, respect for international law and greater regional cooperation to address shared security challenges.

The forum also discussed Indian rhetoric surrounding the Indus Waters Treaty and reaffirmed the guidance issued by the National Security Committee on April 24, 2025. It expressed resolve to take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of Pakistan’s rightful share of water in line with government directives and public expectations.

The conference strongly condemned what it called ongoing human rights violations and unilateral demographic changes in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, reiterating Pakistan’s diplomatic, political and moral support for the Kashmiri cause. It said lasting regional peace was linked to granting the Kashmiri people their right to self-determination in accordance with United Nations Security Council resolutions.

In his concluding remarks, Field Marshal Asim Munir directed commanders to expedite follow-up on the military’s multi-domain transformation plan in line with the evolving character of warfare. He also called for maintaining the highest standards of vigilance, operational readiness and professional excellence to effectively respond to conventional, sub-conventional and hybrid threats while safeguarding Pakistan’s sovereignty and national interests.

Tags: 276th Corps Commanders’ ConferenceAfghan TalibanAfghan territoryCDFChief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence ForcesCOASField Marshal Syed Asim MunirFitna al HindustanFitna al KhawarijGeneral HeadquartersGHQ RawalpindiIndiaIndus Water TreatyInter Services Public RelationsIslamabadISPRIWTMarka-e-Haqmilitant groupsNational Security CommitteePakistanRawalpindiTerrorism
Previous Post

NA panel questions transparency in nursing training programme, raises concerns over FUUAST crisis

Next Post

Suspect in PAF officer murder sent to jail for 14-day identification parade

Related Posts

SC returns government review plea over Imran’s hospital transfer as deadline expires
Top News

SC returns government review plea over Imran’s hospital transfer as deadline expires

Islamabad, August 20, 2026: The Supreme Court on Thursday returned the federal government’s review petition against its order directing the...

by Sub News
August 20, 2026
Government seeks review of SC order to shift Imran Khan to private hospital
Top News

Government seeks review of SC order to shift Imran Khan to private hospital

Islamabad, August 19, 2026: The federal government on Wednesday petitioned the Supreme Court to review and recall its order directing...

by Sub News
August 19, 2026
SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination
Top News

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the relevant authorities to shift jailed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact
Top News

Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact

Washington, August 17, 2026: US President Donald Trump has welcomed the recent signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between...

by Sub News
August 17, 2026
Next Post
Suspect in PAF officer murder sent to jail for 14-day identification parade

Suspect in PAF officer murder sent to jail for 14-day identification parade

Breaking News

  • Pakistan, Brazil reaffirm commitment to dialogue and stronger bilateral ties
  • ICC rescinds demerit point against Gaddafi Stadium after pitch appeal
  • Cox, Root fifties put England in control before Pakistan strike twice at Headingley
  • ECP agrees in principle to Punjab local government polls from December 15
  • PM Shehbaz invites opposition to meaningful dialogue, says government ready for talks
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.