Islamabad, May 24,2026: The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan has expressed grave concern over the worsening security situation in Balochistan, warning that civilians, workers, passengers, and law enforcement personnel are increasingly vulnerable to violence, abductions, and attacks on public infrastructure.
In a statement issued on Sunday, HRCP said the bombing of a passenger train in Quetta, which reportedly caused multiple casualties and injuries, including among women and children, marked a deeply disturbing escalation in attacks targeting civilians in the province.
The commission also voiced concern over recent incidents in Chagai District at the Reko Diq site and in Ziarat District, where armed groups allegedly abducted at least 21 civilians, including a police officer, during the past week and torched vehicles “with apparent impunity.”
According to HRCP, these incidents followed similar attacks earlier in May in Noshki District and Kalat District, where five workers and five police personnel, respectively, were reportedly abducted by armed men.
The rights body said the repeated incidents reflected a “dangerous erosion of the state’s writ” across large parts of the province.
HRCP reiterated that civilians and non-combatants must never be used as bargaining tools in situations of conflict and insecurity and urged both the federal and provincial governments to prioritize civilian protection and ensure accountability for rights abuses committed by all actors.





