• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

14 martyred, several injured in Quetta railway track blast near Chaman phatak

by Sub News
May 24, 2026
14 martyred, several injured in Quetta railway track blast near Chaman phatak
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Quetta, May 24, 2026: At least 14 people, including three personnel of the Frontier Corps, were martyred and several others injured in a powerful blast near the railway track close to Chaman Phatak in Quetta on Sunday, according to the Government of Balochistan.

Balochistan government spokesperson Shahid Rind said several women and children were among the injured and had been shifted to hospitals for medical treatment.

He said terrorists targeted unarmed civilians in the attack, adding that assaults on public places reflected the desperation of militant elements. Security forces cordoned off the area immediately after the explosion, while authorities launched evidence collection and investigation efforts.

Following the incident, an emergency was declared in government hospitals across Quetta, with doctors and medical staff called in to deal with the situation.

Railway authorities said the Jaffar Express, which was bound for Peshawar, was stopped at Quetta Railway Station as a precautionary measure after the blast.

Spokesperson to the provincial home minister Babar Yousafzai said all relevant institutions had been placed on high alert following the explosion. He urged citizens to avoid gathering near the blast site to ensure public safety and allow rescue teams to conduct operations without obstruction.

Later, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi arrived in Quetta and jointly chaired a high-level meeting with Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti, according to a statement issued by the interior ministry. During the meeting, the provincial police chief briefed participants on the initial findings of the investigation.

Leadership condemns attack

President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif strongly condemned the “heinous” attack, stating that such acts of terrorism were aimed at harming the people of Pakistan and diverting attention from the country’s efforts for global peace.

President Zardari said hostile elements were attempting to undermine initiatives serving humanitarian objectives, peace, and progress, adding that Pakistan would defeat terrorists, their facilitators, financiers, and those providing them safe havens.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said such cowardly acts could not weaken the resolve of the Pakistani nation and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to eliminating terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. He also expressed condolences to the bereaved families and prayed for the swift recovery of the injured.

Meanwhile, Railways Minister Hanif Abbasi condemned the blast and alleged that elements based in India and Afghanistan were involved in sponsoring terrorism. He vowed that terrorist networks would never succeed in their designs against Pakistan.

The minister further stated that the explosion caused the derailment of the train engine and three coaches, and directed railway authorities to submit an immediate report on the incident.

Tags: BalochistanBalochistan Chief Minister Mir Sarfraz BugtiBalochistan GovernmentBalochistan Liberation ArmyBLAbomb blastChaman PhatakCondemnFCFrontier CorpsInterior Minister Mohsin NaqviIslamabadJaffar ExpressMir Sarfaraz BugtiPakistanPresident Asif Ali ZardariPrime Minister Shehbaz SharifQuettaQuetta Railway StationQuetta railway trackRailways Minister Hanif AbbasiSecurity ForcesShahid RindShehbaz SharifTerrorist Attack
Previous Post

HRCP expresses alarm over rising insecurity and civilian attacks in Balochistan

Next Post

US, Iran near preliminary deal on Strait of Hormuz, nuclear talks as Pakistan plays key mediation role

Related Posts

Field Marshal Asim Munir concludes Iran visit after high-level talks on regional de-escalation: ISPR
Top News

Field Marshal Asim Munir concludes Iran visit after high-level talks on regional de-escalation: ISPR

Rawalpindi, May 23, 2026: Field Marshal General Asim Munir, Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces, has concluded...

by Sub News
May 23, 2026
Field Marshal Asim Munir holds high-level talks in Tehran amid intensified Iran-US mediation efforts
Top News

Field Marshal Asim Munir holds high-level talks in Tehran amid intensified Iran-US mediation efforts

Tehran/Islamabad, May 23, 2026: Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces, Asim Munir, held a series of...

by Sub News
May 23, 2026
Field Marshal Asim Munir arrives in Tehran amid Pakistan’s mediation efforts
Top News

Field Marshal Asim Munir arrives in Tehran amid Pakistan’s mediation efforts

Tehran/Islamabad, May 22, 2026: Chief of Defence Forces and Chief of Army Staff Asim Munir arrived in Tehran on Friday...

by Sub News
May 22, 2026
Security forces kill 23 militants in intelligence-based operations across KP: ISPR
Top News

Security forces kill 23 militants in intelligence-based operations across KP: ISPR

Rawalpindi, May 21, 2026: Inter-Services Public Relations on Thursday said security forces killed 23 militants during a series of intelligence-based...

by Sub News
May 21, 2026
Next Post
US, Iran near preliminary deal on Strait of Hormuz, nuclear talks as Pakistan plays key mediation role

US, Iran near preliminary deal on Strait of Hormuz, nuclear talks as Pakistan plays key mediation role

Breaking News

  • Belarus Embassy condemns Quetta terrorist attack, expresses solidarity with victims
  • PM Shehbaz Sharif arrives in Beijing after concluding Hangzhou visit
  • Chairman Senate condemns Quetta blast, reaffirms resolve against terrorism
  • South Air raises concerns over delays in regulatory approval, seeks urgent CAA clearance
  • PM Shehbaz highlights agriculture, IT, SEZs and minerals as key areas for Pakistan-China cooperation
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.