Lahore, May 20, 2026: Fakhar Zaman and Saim Ayub will not be available for selection for Pakistan’s upcoming three-match One-Day International (ODI) series against Australia due to injuries, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed on Wednesday.
The ODI series is scheduled to begin in Rawalpindi on May 30, while the remaining two matches will be played in Lahore on June 2 and June 4.
In a statement, the PCB said both opening batters are currently recovering from injuries and have been advised to continue their rehabilitation programmes under the supervision of the PCB medical panel.
As a result, both players have been ruled out of contention for the series against Australia.
The board also extended its best wishes to the two cricketers for a speedy recovery and expressed hope that they would return to competitive cricket soon.
The PCB said further updates regarding the national squad and players’ fitness status will be shared in due course.
Meanwhile, the Australian squad is scheduled to arrive in Islamabad on May 23, while Pakistan’s players will begin their training camp in Rawalpindi from May 22.
The upcoming ODI series will mark Australia’s first 50-over tour of Pakistan since March-April 2022, when Pakistan secured a 2-1 series victory over the visitors.
Earlier this year, Australia toured Pakistan for a three-match T20 International series in January and February, where Pakistan completed a 3-0 clean sweep at the Gaddafi Stadium.





