• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

40 killed as Quetta-to-Peshawar bus plunges into ravine at Balochistan-KP border

by Sub News
July 3, 2026
40 killed as Quetta-to-Peshawar bus plunges into ravine at Balochistan-KP border
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Quetta, July 3, 2026: At least 40 people were killed and eight others injured after a passenger bus travelling from Quetta to Peshawar plunged into a deep ravine shortly after crossing from Balochistan’s Sherani district into Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Dera Ismail Khan district on Friday, officials said.

The deadly accident occurred near the Dhanasar area, where the bus reportedly lost control and fell around 70 to 80 feet into a ravine in rugged mountainous terrain, triggering a major rescue operation involving authorities from both Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The death toll was initially shared by Balochistan Chief Minister’s aide for media and political affairs, Shahid Rind, citing preliminary reports, and was later confirmed by KP Rescue 1122.

According to officials, 48 passengers were aboard the bus when it met with the accident. Rescue teams managed to recover the bodies of the deceased and shift the injured to hospital despite difficult terrain and operational challenges at the crash site.

Rescue operation launched after accident

In a statement issued on Friday morning, Shahid Rind said rescue efforts were initiated immediately on the directives of Balochistan Chief Minister Sarfraz Bugti.

“The district administrations from both provinces, rescue and other relevant departments are providing assistance to the affected persons,” the statement said, adding that an investigation had been ordered to determine the cause of the incident.

A separate statement from KP Rescue 1122 said emergency teams from Zhob and Rescue 1122 reached the site soon after receiving information about the crash and launched a rescue operation.

The eight injured were shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHQ) Zhob for treatment, while the bodies of the deceased were initially moved to a nearby rural health centre before later being transferred to Zhob DHQ Hospital, Rescue 1122 said.

Bus may have been overloaded, officials say

Officials said the bus had departed from Quetta on Thursday evening and was headed to Peshawar when the accident occurred near the provincial border.

Speaking to AFP, Sanaullah Sherani, head of the emergency centre in Zhob, said the bus plunged approximately 70 to 80 feet into the ravine. He added that rescue teams faced major difficulties in the early stages of the operation because of the steep and mountainous landscape.

Sherani Deputy Commissioner Wali Khan Kakar said that the bus had originally left Quetta with 36 passengers, but additional passengers boarded it later after another bus broke down on the route.

Shahid Rind also told AFP that the vehicle had taken on extra passengers from another bus, raising concerns that it may have become overloaded before the crash. He said the Balochistan chief minister had ordered an inquiry into the causes of the accident.

Condolences pour in from top leadership

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif expressed deep sorrow over the loss of lives in the tragedy, according to state-run APP.

President Asif Ali Zardari also expressed grief and extended condolences to the bereaved families. According to a statement issued by the Presidency, he prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured and directed the relevant authorities to ensure the best possible medical treatment for those hurt in the accident.

“The entire nation shares the grief of the affected families after this tragic incident,” the president was quoted as saying.

Balochistan Chief Minister Sarfraz Bugti also posted a condolence message on X, expressing grief over the loss of lives and extending sympathies to the families of the victims.

He said he had directed the relevant departments to expedite rescue work, provide the best available medical treatment to the injured and ensure all possible assistance for the affected families.

“The Balochistan government is standing with the affected families at this difficult time,” Bugti said.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi also expressed sorrow over the tragedy and directed authorities to provide the injured with the best medical care while extending all possible support to the affected families.

A statement issued by the KP Chief Minister’s Office said Afridi had instructed relevant teams to remain in close coordination with emergency services in Balochistan.

“Moreover, ensure that those from KP among the affected are identified and are able to contact their families,” the statement quoted him as saying.

He also directed that the bodies of the deceased belonging to Balochistan be transported to their native areas with “full respect”.

KP Governor Faisal Karim Kundi termed the accident “extremely tragic” and said he shared the grief of the bereaved families. In his statement, he also directed officials to ensure treatment for the injured and all possible support for the victims’ families.

Friday’s accident is the latest in a series of deadly road crashes in Pakistan’s mountainous regions, where poor road conditions, overloaded vehicles and difficult terrain often contribute to fatal incidents.

The tragedy comes around two-and-a-half months after a vehicle plunged into a deep ravine in the Nawagai Asbanr area of Lower Dir, killing three women and injuring two others.

Earlier, on March 31, a jeep carrying five passengers skidded off a wet and slippery road and fell into a ravine in Upper Chitral, leaving three people — including a child — dead and two others injured.

The latest bus crash has once again highlighted concerns over passenger safety, vehicle overloading and the hazardous road conditions that continue to claim lives in remote and mountainous parts of the country.

Tags: BalochistanCM BalochistancondolenceDera Ismail KhanFaisal Karim KundiKhyber PakhtunkhwaKP rescue 1122Mir Sarfaraz BugtioverloadedPakistanQuettaQuetta-PeshawarRescue 1122Shehbaz SharifSohail AfridiZhobZhob DHQ Hospital
Previous Post

President Zardari felicitates Belarusian leadership on Independence Day

Next Post

Syedaal Khan Nasar expresses deep grief over Zhob passenger bus tragedy

Related Posts

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination
Top News

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the relevant authorities to shift jailed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact
Top News

Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact

Washington, August 17, 2026: US President Donald Trump has welcomed the recent signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between...

by Sub News
August 17, 2026
MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces
Top News

MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces

Karachi, August 16, 2026: Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) Chairman Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui has announced that his party will approach...

by Sub News
August 16, 2026
Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen
Top News

Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen

Tehran/Washington, August 15, 2026: Iran has accused the United States of violating the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding, saying the agreement...

by Sub News
August 15, 2026
Next Post
Syedaal Khan Nasar expresses deep grief over Zhob passenger bus tragedy

Syedaal Khan Nasar expresses deep grief over Zhob passenger bus tragedy

Breaking News

  • Senate chairman congratulates Pakistan Observer editor on Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
  • England, Pakistan begin Test series amid upheaval and fresh starts
  • PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s first Pakistan office, seeks greater focus on youth digital skills
  • Rana Sanaullah calls SC order to shift Imran Khan to hospital merit-based
  • Babar Azam ruled out of first Test against England
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.