• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

Pakistan conveys Iran’s revised proposal to US as Middle East peace efforts remain stalled

by Sub News
May 18, 2026
Pakistan conveys Iran’s revised proposal to US as Middle East peace efforts remain stalled
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Islamabad/ Tehran/ Washington, May 18, 2026: Pakistan has conveyed a revised proposal from Iran to the United States in an effort to revive stalled negotiations aimed at ending the ongoing Middle East conflict, according to diplomatic sources.

A Pakistani source familiar with the mediation efforts told Reuters that Islamabad had shared Tehran’s updated position with Washington amid growing concerns over the fragile ceasefire and escalating regional tensions.

“We don’t have much time,” the source said, adding that both sides continued to shift their demands during negotiations.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed that Tehran’s views had been communicated to the American side through Pakistan’s mediation channel.

The diplomatic push comes after US President Donald Trump recently described the ceasefire with Iran — reached in early April through Pakistani mediation — as being “on life support,” signaling deep divisions between the two sides.

Key issues blocking negotiations

Major disagreements reportedly continue over Iran’s nuclear programme, regional security arrangements, and control of the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz, through which nearly one-fifth of global oil and liquefied natural gas supplies pass.

Iran has demanded a permanent end to hostilities across the region, including in Lebanon, where Israel continues military operations against the Iran-backed Hezbollah.

Tehran has also insisted that discussions regarding its nuclear programme cannot proceed until hostilities fully cease. Additional Iranian demands reportedly include compensation for war damages, lifting of the US naval blockade, guarantees against future attacks, and restoration of Iranian oil exports.

Speaking at a televised press conference, Baghaei said Iran remained prepared for all scenarios and warned against further escalation.

Iran establishes new Hormuz authority

In a significant development, Iran’s Supreme National Security Council announced the formation of a new body called the “Persian Gulf Strait Authority” to oversee operations and developments related to the Strait of Hormuz.

The council stated that the authority would provide real-time updates on maritime activity in the strategic waterway, underscoring the increasing importance of the strait amid ongoing tensions.

Senior Iranian officials also issued strong warnings regarding the continued US naval presence in the region.

Mohsen Rezaei warned that the Gulf of Oman could become a “graveyard” for foreign vessels if tensions escalate further.

He said Iran viewed the US naval blockade as an act of war and reiterated that Tehran would not allow military buildups aimed at destabilizing regional security.

Regional reactions intensify

Regional tensions further escalated after drone attacks targeted infrastructure in Gulf states.

Saudi Arabia announced that its air defence systems intercepted and destroyed three drones entering its airspace from Iraqi territory. Kuwait and Qatar strongly condemned the attacks, expressing solidarity with Riyadh and reaffirming support for Saudi security measures.

Meanwhile, Oman and the United Nations condemned the drone strike on the Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant in the United Arab Emirates.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres described attacks near nuclear facilities as “totally unacceptable” and warned against further escalation in the Middle East.

Israel and US prepare for possible escalation

Israeli media reports suggested that the Israeli military has been placed on high alert amid discussions with Washington over possible renewed strikes on Iran.

According to reports, a recent phone call between Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu focused on the prospect of renewed military operations.

At the same time, media reports indicated that US cargo aircraft carrying military supplies had recently landed in Tel Aviv as preparations intensified for potential future operations.

Separate reports by international media outlets also claimed that Israel had established covert logistical sites in western Iraq to support operations against Iran, though Iraqi authorities denied the allegations.

Iraq, meanwhile, reiterated that it would not allow its territory to be used as a launchpad for attacks against neighbouring countries.

Oil prices surge amid conflict fears

Global oil prices climbed sharply on Monday as fears of a broader regional conflict intensified.

Brent crude rose above $111 per barrel while US West Texas Intermediate crude crossed $107 per barrel, marking their highest levels in nearly two weeks.

Analysts warned that prolonged instability around the Strait of Hormuz could have lasting impacts on global energy markets, inflation, and economic growth worldwide.

The conflict has continued to fuel uncertainty despite a ceasefire brokered earlier this year through Pakistan’s mediation efforts, with diplomatic negotiations yet to produce a lasting settlement.

Tags: “Persian Gulf Strait Authority”Barakah Nuclear Energy Plantcrude oildiplomatic sourcesEsmaeil BaghaeiHormuz AuthorityIranIranian Foreign Ministry spokespersonIslamabadMiddle EastOil PricesOmanPakistanproposalsReutersStrait of HormuzTehranUAEUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsUnited StatesUSUS-Iran conflictWashington
Previous Post

Pakistan urges action after reports of Saad Edhi detention in Gaza aid flotilla interception

Next Post

Mushfiqur Rahim century powers Bangladesh to set record 427-run target for Pakistan

Related Posts

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination
Top News

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the relevant authorities to shift jailed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact
Top News

Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact

Washington, August 17, 2026: US President Donald Trump has welcomed the recent signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between...

by Sub News
August 17, 2026
MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces
Top News

MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces

Karachi, August 16, 2026: Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) Chairman Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui has announced that his party will approach...

by Sub News
August 16, 2026
Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen
Top News

Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen

Tehran/Washington, August 15, 2026: Iran has accused the United States of violating the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding, saying the agreement...

by Sub News
August 15, 2026
Next Post
Mushfiqur Rahim century powers Bangladesh to set record 427-run target for Pakistan

Mushfiqur Rahim century powers Bangladesh to set record 427-run target for Pakistan

Breaking News

  • Senate chairman congratulates Pakistan Observer editor on Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
  • England, Pakistan begin Test series amid upheaval and fresh starts
  • PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s first Pakistan office, seeks greater focus on youth digital skills
  • Rana Sanaullah calls SC order to shift Imran Khan to hospital merit-based
  • Babar Azam ruled out of first Test against England
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.