• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Top News

22 India-backed terrorists killed in North Waziristan operation: ISPR

by Sub News
May 19, 2026
22 India-backed terrorists killed in North Waziristan operation: ISPR
Share on WhatAppShare on XShare on Facebook

Rawalpindi, May 19, 2026: Security forces have killed 22 India-sponsored terrorists in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s North Waziristan district during an ongoing intelligence-based operation, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Tuesday.

According to the military’s media wing, the area sanitisation operation has been underway since May 17 in the Shewa general area of North Waziristan, based on credible intelligence regarding the presence of “khwarij.”

ISPR said troops effectively engaged the terrorists’ location, and after an intense exchange of fire, 22 militants belonging to what it described as India-sponsored “Fitna al-Khawarij” were killed in the past 24 hours.

The statement added that weapons and ammunition were recovered from the slain terrorists, who were allegedly involved in multiple terrorist activities in the region.

It further stated that evidence indicated the militants had been coercing and intimidating local residents, forcing compliance and using civilians as human shields.

Describing such acts as “deplorable,” ISPR said there could be no justification for endangering civilian lives.

The military said the sanitisation operation is continuing to clear remaining militants, while the area has been fully cordoned off by security forces.

ISPR reiterated that a relentless counter-terrorism campaign under the vision of “Azm-e-Istehkam,” approved by the Federal Apex Committee on the National Action Plan, is being pursued at full pace by security forces and law enforcement agencies to eliminate what it termed foreign-sponsored terrorism from the country.

The statement comes amid a broader resurgence of militancy in Pakistan, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan since 2021.

Officials have repeatedly urged the Afghan interim authorities to prevent the use of Afghan soil by terrorist groups, particularly the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), for cross-border attacks.

Security operations have intensified in recent months. Earlier incidents include the martyrdom of five soldiers, including a major-ranked officer, during an operation in Balochistan’s Barkhan district, followed by retaliatory actions in which multiple militants were killed or apprehended.

In separate operations earlier this month, security forces also eliminated terrorists in Tank and Dera Ismail Khan districts, while additional militants were neutralized along the Pak-Afghan border in North Waziristan in early April.

Tags: “Fitna al-Khawarij”IBOIndian Backed terrorismIndian sponsored terrorismintelligence-based operationInter Services Public RelationsISPRKhwarijKhyber PakhtunkhwaNorth WaziristanPakistanRawalpindisanitisation operationShewaTehreek-e-Taliban PakistanTerroristsTTP
Previous Post

PM Shehbaz lauds armed forces’ professionalism and sacrifices

Next Post

Trump signals possible new strike on Iran as tensions surge across Middle East

Related Posts

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination
Top News

SC orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital for medical examination

Islamabad, August 18, 2026: The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the relevant authorities to shift jailed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder...

by Sub News
August 18, 2026
Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact
Top News

Trump welcomes Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye defence pact

Washington, August 17, 2026: US President Donald Trump has welcomed the recent signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between...

by Sub News
August 17, 2026
MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces
Top News

MQM-P seeks grand national dialogue on creation of new provinces

Karachi, August 16, 2026: Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) Chairman Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui has announced that his party will approach...

by Sub News
August 16, 2026
Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen
Top News

Iran says Islamabad MoU was violated as Hormuz tensions deepen

Tehran/Washington, August 15, 2026: Iran has accused the United States of violating the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding, saying the agreement...

by Sub News
August 15, 2026
Next Post
Trump signals possible new strike on iran as tensions surge across Middle East

Trump signals possible new strike on Iran as tensions surge across Middle East

Breaking News

  • Pakistan strongly condemns Israeli attack on Syrian airbase
  • Ishaq Dar to attend regional four foreign ministers’ meeting in Istanbul
  • Chinese Embassy in Pakistan commemorates Jiang Zemin’s centenary
  • PAL launches Urdu translation of Ho Chi Minh’s Prison Diary in Islamabad
  • Senate chairman congratulates Pakistan Observer editor on Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
Sub News

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Diplomatic
  • Sports
    • Cricket
  • National
  • Business
  • Crime & Justice
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Environment
    • CPEC

© 2026 subnewsenglish.com

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.